Matters needing attention when selecting screw conveyor
Due to different materials to be conveyed, the main parameters are generally determined according to the requirements of the material handling system, the various premises of the material loading and unloading location, the relevant production process and the characteristics of the material. The following is a brief introduction to the matters that should be paid attention to when selecting the Screw conveyor.
1. Conveying capacity: The conveying capacity of Screw conveyor refers to the amount of material conveyed per unit time. When conveying bulk materials, it is calculated based on the mass or volume of the materials conveyed per hour; when conveying into pieces, it is calculated by the number of pieces conveyed per hour. When matching with vibrating screen equipment such as linear vibrating screen, rotary vibrating screen, ultrasonic vibrating screen, etc., it is necessary to calculate the feed volume of the vibrating screen and control the conveying volume.
2. Conveying speed: increasing the conveying speed can increase the conveying capacity. When the conveyor belt is used as the traction member and the conveying length is large, the conveying speed is increasing day by day. For conveyors with chains as traction parts, the conveying speed should not be too high to prevent increasing the dynamic load. At the same time, the conveying speed of the feeder for process control should be determined according to the production process requirements.
3. Component size: The component size of the conveyor includes the conveyor belt width, slat width, hopper volume, pipe diameter and container size. The size of these components directly affects the conveying capacity of the screw feeder.
4. Conveying length and inclination angle: The length and inclination angle of the transmission line directly affect the total resistance of the conveyor and the required power. Now there are many types of conveyors, some are directly parallel feeding, and some have a certain inclination angle, so these conditions of use should be explained when selecting the screw feeder.
5. The screw feeder motor can use adjustable speed motor and ordinary motor to control the conveying speed and the conveying volume per hour.
6. Whether to add a hopper at the feed inlet, and the size of the feed hopper.